Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comb Out Update 2

I think I have taken out about one third of my locs so far.

 Mostly in the back.

 Right side,

 and left side. 
I have the middle and front left to do.


 I'm hoping most of my loose hair is this length.  It's several different lengths all over but I'm hoping I can salvage most of this when I trim it.  I'm praying it's not a hot mess.  I think this a nice amount to work with.  I'm getting very excited about it.

You can tell that my locs are not as full as they used  to be.  I've been wearing it pulled back in a pony tail with a head band.

I kinda lost my pace because I had some work to do and a conference to attend and life so I've slowed down a bit.  I still think I can be done by Thanksgiving though.

I've been watching a LOT of loose naturals on youtube lately.  I've seen so many cute styles.  I think I've come up with a routine but I'm not sure what products I will use yet (other than my hair gel).  I know I'm gonna to shampoo my hair every 1-2 weeks on Sunday evenings.  I'm going to style it in a way that I can wear it all work week with little manipulation.  That's the plan.  We'll see how it works out.

On the other hand, I'm sad to see my locs go.  For the past 7 years, this is all I've known.  I've just recently learned to style them and now I'm letting them go.  :(  But I feel it's time for a new journey, however long it may be.  I'm going to give it at least 6 months before I lock back up (cuz I know I will go back to locs).  Pray for me yall and wish me luck.

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. LOL.Sis, you sound like the 'future me!' I know if I ever undid my locs I'd re-do them!In the meantime, enjoy your loose hair and playing with it..and POSTING PICTURES ;) i'm enjoying the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comment Locks is all I know. Before getting my locks I transitioned and never got to "know" my natural. I never thought after 4 years I would be letting them go but for certain reasons I just had to and I don't feel bad about it. For the time being I will enjoy this new journey of naturalness however I do know I will be rockin' locks once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good so far! I'd feel the same way, if I were to chop my locs today I'd probably start over a month or two later hehe.

    ReplyDelete