Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bantu Knots

Tonight I did my hair in bantu knots.  Boy, are they tight!!!  As in, they hurt like hell.  I gotta loosen them up some.  Anyway, I washed my hair with my Dr. Bronner's and retwisted the roots with my own lock gel.  It has aloe vera gel, honey, olive oil, and tea tree and lavender essential oils.  Then I twisted 3-4 locs into a bantu knot.  I'm trying to have some loose curls in the morning. We'll see how that turns out.  I gotta blow dry it some more so it will be completely dry when I take them down.
I don't like it as a style to wear anywhere other than the grocery store (lol) but my husband thought it was cute.  What do you guys think?

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.

6 comments:

  1. Truthfully I've never really been a fan of the bantu knot style, but it looks adorable on you! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually like the style itself but I'm just not really feeling it on me. I do like the side view. LOL.
    But thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did it take for you to do them? It seems very tedious to style locs into bantu knots,at least that's what other loc wearers i know say. And yes they too complain that it hurts because it's so tight lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took at least an hour. I can't give an exact time because I had to stop and take my son to baseball practice (so I had half a head done! lol). I've since loosened them up some so I feel better. They were so tight, I was in a bad mood and snapping on folks! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried to do this style multiple times and it never looks this cute! How did you keep the knots from unraveling? Did you use anything to hold them in place or just let them twist upon themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nappy girl: I didn't use anything to hold them but I have seen people use bobby pins. I just wrapped the end all the way around and made sure it was tucked under. I can't remember whose video I watched on youtube but when I find it, I will post it.

    ReplyDelete