Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Essential Oils

So I ordered some essential oils from Amazon.com last week and they came in today.  I've been looking for something to add to my 'natural' concoctions to see how they work for me.  I added the lavender oil to my Organic Root Stimulator Nature Shine to make it smell better.  I had added ACV to it to help with mine and my husband's itchy scalps but it smells horrible.  I added the peppermint oil to my oil mixture to help with the itchies (and to get a tingling scalp).  I added the lemongrass to it for fragrance.  I just oiled my scalp with the oil mixture and it feels great.  I can feel the peppermint tingling.  I love it!  Hopefully it will stop the crazy itching I've been having.  So far so good.  Now I'm waiting on my Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap to come in. 

My braid out is holding up pretty well.  I wasn't planning on washing it out til next week but I'm not sure.  If the itching continues, I may wash before then.  I definitely want a fresh 'do for Easter.  Probably some curls.  I'm gonna be busy next month so that may be the best style for me then.  I'll keep you updated! ;)



Oh yeah, I have 5 followers now!!! YAY me!!

I'm about to wash my husband's hair cuz he's got some serious flaking going on. His twists have held up well so I'll probably just retwist the front.  Maybe he'll let me post pictures this time.

2 comments:

  1. Yay they came in! I'm glad you like the essential oils, they are so potent! and the braid out looks great! so far i'm finding that essential oils work best with a carrier oil, i put it in my applicator filled with olive oil, shake it up, and put it in my daily spritz, on my face, and on my scalp. how does the peppermint and the lavender essential oils smell? i'm going to order those probably sometime next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My carrier oil of choice is olive oil too. I put vitamin E oil and tea tree oil in it. Today I added the lemongrass and peppermint oils. The peppermint oil is very strong so a little goes a long way. The lavender and lemongrass oils don't smell as strong but they very nice. My son says my hair smells like tea (cuz I drink peppermint tea) and he likes it.

    ReplyDelete